Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm a Pied Piper and the Easily Flushed Blog Hop

L.G. Smith over at Bards and Prophets bequeathed me with the Pied Piper Blog Award created by the Geek Twins (I guess Alex infected her a few days ago)...anywho...thank you L.G.!
The rules are simple:

1) List three of your favorite followers and why.
2) Pass the award onto three bloggers that you feel deserve their followers the most.

I'm going to break the rules a little and pick out some followers that don't get a lot of comment love (and I hope that changes):

1) Benoit Lelievre has a cerebral book blog called Dead End Follies where he analyzes books that he reads and talks about serious film. I hope that you go and visit and partake of some of his wisdom because the man is smart smart smart.

2) Mr. Briane Pagel who keeps several blogs. The one I visit the most is Thinking the Lions. It's mostly about his journey through life as a middle-aged lawyer who has one set of grown kids and another set of babies who just happen to be autistic and run like perpetual motion machines.

3) Ms. Marjorie who sometimes writes on her blog Upwards Over The Mountain. She says in her latest post that she is considering another blog. What I really like about Marjorie is how worldly she is. She's incredibly young, speaks multiple languages, has been to China and Taiwan, lives in New York City...I mean...sheesh...just incredible. So whenever she chooses to breeze on by I think it's wonderful. I feel like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City has recognized me for just a moment.

Okay, so now who do I pass this award onto?

1) Patrick Dilloway who blogs at Grumpy Bulldog's blog. Patrick's personality is similar to my own so I think
 it's natural that we are blogging buddies.  He's not afraid to say what he thinks, and I appreciate that honesty.

2) Brooke R. Busse because I promised Brooke that she would from now on be the recipient of blog awards that got passed onto me. Aside from that though, she's just a really smart writing person/woman/teenager. Brooke's blog is at Paper Mountain. Get to know her now before she is famous. Famous people don't ever look at you anymore.

3) Charity Bradford because Charity is going to win the Hugo, and I want to say that I predicted it here first. Find this awesome future award winning author at her blog Charity's Writing Journey and ride her coattails of success.
I've joined the Easily Flushed Blog Hop that is the brainchild of Cassie Mae. It takes place all day today. The prize is a $10 Amazon Gift Card. All you have to do is comment and post this polar bear on your blog and tell people/tweet about the contest. Please follow the link and go win a gift card. :))

>>>>>Eeep! I forgot the easily flushed story so here it is <<<<<<

I went to a house to fix a computer internet issue. When I got there, I discovered that the people used wireless. I asked them to take me to the router so I could reset it. Well the router was in the basement behind some sex toys. I said, "Hmmm, I can't quite reach it. Could you get it for me." It was very awkward.

Have a great Tuesday.

32 comments:

  1. Brooke rocks!!! I already know her before she's famous, yay!! hehe

    Congrats on the award, it looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see Brooke is getting all your awards. I think she's a better writer than me and she could be my child. (I'm so old. *sob*)

    And congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I know several of those bloggers. And Charity is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bloggers are all new to me..so thanks! I love your descriptions of them. I'll check'em out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, your Pied Piper looks great on the mantel. Someday soon you'll have your Nebula up there beside it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll be a couple of weeks before I could get to the "award" thing. I've got entries scheduled for like the next two weeks. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award Michael. Off to take a look at the 3 that you passed it along to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award! I will hop over and check out the blogs you mentioned. They sound great.

    And I'm loving the "Easily Flushed Blog Hop." Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Michael, just dropping in to say howdy. Will try and stop with the bloggers you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awards can be a mixed blessing. But it's good to know people are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for giving us some insight on some awesome people and their blogs. I'm always on the prowl for some great places to visit.

    And the story of the Pied Piper always kinda freaked me out a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah, thank you Mike! I am blushing like a cherub on Valentine's Day. I'm very flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah for new bloging links! You have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! I'm like'n these awards. They're different and look like fun. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Trisha: I have to raz Brooke some of the time.

    @Theresa: You rock Theresa.

    @Alex: You have spread the infection. I blame you.

    @Brinda: You're welcome :)))

    @LG: I think it's funny that you called me brave in a roundabout way. Honestly, I don't see any repercussions that I could possibly have for saying stuff on my blog. The fear of pissing someone off is honestly what? Worth a couple of bucks. Meh.

    @Grumpy: Oh you are soooo busy. How would it be to be such a powerful doctor with all the stuff in the world on his plate?

    @Leigh: I love the pseudoname. I think it has a great ring to it.

    @J.L.: I'm glad you're back!

    @Rusty: Yeah this is the only attention I get. In real life I'm a nobody.

    @Jay: Networking is a great way to connect with people.

    @J.A. Thank you.

    @Mina: I liked that the Pied Piper was different than any other award I've been "gifted".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the award. The Pied Piper is a nice one. I was looking forward to your ealisy flushed story. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your award! I'll be back to check out your story:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Laila: I feel like such a dufus. I worked so hard on getting the links on the award right that I forgot to include the flushed story. But it's there now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the award, those look like great blogs. Sounds like a great blog hop also, easy and with great perks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The message is on my blog. I did it somehow. wow

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally unrelated, but did you catch my response to your Clone Wars question?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, at least you didn't try to reach it yourself. Imagine if they all cascaded into your lap or something. Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on the award! :)

    I recognize all the bloggers you mentioned--hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Michael. I have to ask, was the homeowner embarrassed?

    ReplyDelete
  25. The first two comments are about me! :)

    Thanks for the award, Michael. Secretly, I think you're giving them to me because you think my award posts are so awesome. Go on, admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahahaha, that's hilarious! My hubby and I are in tech too (computer engineers). My hubby also had a similar experience in university. He went to fix someone's computer and there were sex toys and used tissues all over their dorm room. *EW*

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great embarrassment story. Same thing happened to me at my daughter's place when I was looking for something to read in her bedside dresser. I found out more than I wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a great story.

    I not too long ago had a couple having a really really good time in one of the fitting room in the store where I worked. I couldn't leave the area so I was there when they came out. I was like, "Um...everything fit all right?"

    Congrats on the award...

    ReplyDelete
  29. I only knew of one of Mr. Pagel's blogs. I haven't met the rest, so I'm going to pop around later today. Thanks for sharing these and congratulations on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your story is hilarious. Why didn't those people keep their sex toys in a drawer like everyone else? Everyone knows the nightstand drawer is off limits. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats man! I was going to send you one myself, but you rock. Very deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry I missed this Blog Hop - Love your blog and I check it out whenever I can! Can't wait for the book -

    ReplyDelete