Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beware the Batman may be the solution to your Dark Knight woes since the Nolan trilogy has exited the building

Beware the Batman may be the solution to your Dark Knight woes since the Nolan trilogy has exited the building. What woes you say? I'm talking the voices in your head that scream, "Please give us another movie! Please bring back Christian Bale cause he was the best Batman ever!" Yeah, those woes.

But we all know that isn't happening, like ever. So what is a Batman fan supposed to do? Well for starters, I have to say I'm impressed with what I've seen of the new Beware the Batman series that's supposed to air on Cartoon Network starting Saturday morning on July 13th (that's the day after the Pacific Rim premiere in case you were wondering). And yes, I didn't have to look up that date as for some reason...I have Pacific Rim's premiere basically memorized. BTW, Alex Cavanaugh had the BEST comment on my whining Pacific Rim post yesterday when I stated that I'd lose all faith in humanity if Grown Ups 2 ends up beating it at the box office (pre-emptive "shut up" to Grumpy who says it's a matter of "when" and not "if".)

Anyway, Alex said, "If that happens, we can both go out and smack around anyone who gave money to Grown Ups 2."

I totally agree, and it made me giggle.

I've talked about Cartoon Network's other shows (that got canceled) primarily Green Lantern and the Clone Wars. Go here to read my post on Green Lantern. It looks like they are at least making an effort to bring a high quality animated series to life again to replace those that they lost. And that makes me happy. Let's hope that it has a successful run as the Batman is an incredibly popular character. I wonder though if he'll be too dark for the Saturday morning time slot. Batman is the original emo kid I think.

Anyway, if you like computer generated animation, you may want to click on this trailer and take a gander. Let me know what you think in the comments, and whether or not you'll be watching it.

15 comments:

  1. I heard about Beware the Batman earlier this year and was already excited. Now I'm bouncing off the walls. After watching the season finale of Dragons Riders of Berk (Thank the fact that I have Cartoon Network LA instead of the regular one) it's great to have another animated series to enjoy.

    Also I'm so glad it's on CN instead of Disney XD which kills any show not having a huge comedic slant. Remember how they moved Motorcity and Tron: Uprising to Midnight. Which kid would be watching new episodes of cartoons at midnight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could give you a good chuckle!
    Day after Pacific Rim. I can remember that.
    Otherwise, just waiting for the reboot of Batman (which you know they'll do) in preparation for a JLA movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michael,

    Looks cool... But I love classic cartoon animation. Something is missing for me in the computer type creations. They seem more flat. At least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the comic book they gave away online after Free Comic Book Day. It was OK except I don't like the idea of Alfred being some kind of ex-secret agent instead of a humble butler. I really can't see Alfred spin-kicking bad guys and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I HOPE we get a JLA movie somewhere down the pipeline! And that it's somehow as awesome as Avengers was

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was moaning about Pacific Rim and Grown Ups on Facebook yesterday. We need to support original SF/F!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'll be good to have a darker batman after Brave and the Bold, which was very cartoony.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy the Batman movies but I won't be watching this series. A little Batman goes a long way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a new Star Wars animated coming, but it won't be on Cartoon Network.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you need a Batman fix and are willing to ignore Mike's hatred of the actual comics, Batman Incorporated is a fantastic international vision of the character. Brubaker's run on Catwoman is also back in a two volume trade and is well worth the $40 for the pair. They make a nice read while you are waiting for Grown Ups tickets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Brad: I have quite an extensive Batman collection, thank you :). I just don't buy much anymore because I haven't bought a house yet, and I don't want to move them with me. And I don't buy electronic comic books. But I was a huge Batman collector in the late 80s and early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to tell the Husband Unit. Not sure we get that channel though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know about Batman. I'm sure the show will be great, but I have some baggage concerning the character, so I might just have to beg off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe I'll take a look at this Batman series. But the only thing I know about the Green Lantern is what I see on The Big Bang Theory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked Michael Keaton as Batman too; but Christian Bale is definitely better looking :)

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete