Tuesday, September 24, 2013

All the wonderful television shows I plan to watch this autumn listed in one place

This Fall, there are a lot of shows I want to watch on television. People have been asking me for my recommendations so I've compiled a list of television shows (and when they air) to keep you apprised of what's on night to night. Maybe from this list, you can determine if there's anything there that piques your interest too.

Mondays:
Sleepy Hollow on Fox (second episode is tonight). Anachronism at its best! Ichabod Crane rises from the dead in 2013 to join forces with a cop to stop the Headless Horseman who just happens to be one of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse. I'm guessing that the first season is going to be all about getting the other three Horseman of the Apocalypse to join him.
Almost Human (November 4th on Fox) An action-packed police procedural set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. It has Karl Urban in it and is being funded by J.J. Abrams. That's good enough for me.
Tuesdays:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (premiere is this week) -- You all should know what this show is. If you don't, then consider nerd card suspended.

Supernatural (October 15th on the CW). Last season ended with angels being thrown out of heaven by the scribe of god. This season should be a war between demons and angels on earth. It sounds like the Winchesters will have their work cut out for them.
Wednesdays:
Arrow on the CW (second season premiere is October 9th) -- I love this show. Aside from gratuitous muscle shots, the acting is great and the storyline is awesome.


The Tomorrow People on the CW (season pilot airs October 9th) -- this looks like a spin on the whole Heroes thing using the Smallville formula: great looking actors and actresses mixed in with pop music and great special effects. I love the CW. Greatest line in the trailer: "What else can you do 'cept...STOP TIME?" <== That's f'ing awesome. I'm probably MOST excited for this series.

Revolution (second season starts this week) -- The first season almost lost me with all the weird directions it went in. However, I'm willing to see what they've got cooked up for season two. It seemed like the show likes getting me to be remotely invested in a character just to have it killed off or relegated to a minor role.

Modern Family (new season starts this week on ABC)

American Horror Story: Coven (October 9th on FX) -- Kathy Bates is enough reason to watch this season. That, and I like stories that have to do with witchcraft.

Thursdays:
The Big Bang Theory (new season starts on CBS this week
Elementary (second season starts this week)
Dragons: Defenders of Berk (second season started last week)
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland (October 10th on ABC)
Fridays:
Dracula (Pilot is October 25th on NBC) It's the late 19th century, and the mysterious Dracula has arrived in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. He's especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night - useful for someone who avoids the sun. But he has another reason for his travels: he hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier. Everything seems to be going according to plan... until he becomes infatuated with a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

Saturdays:
Dr. Who (50th anniversary on BBC America November 23rd and then a Christmas special. Goodbye Matt Smith)
Atlantis (starts on BBC America on November 23rd)
Beware the Batman (has been running for a while now-Cartoon Network)

Sundays:
The Walking Dead (season premiere on AMC October 13th)
Masters of Sex (season premiere on Showtime this Sunday) -- Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan portray the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson. The series chronicles the unusual lives, romance, and pop culture trajectory of Masters and Johnson. Their research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a mid-western teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine and nearly a dozen appearances on Johnny Carson's couch.
Talking Dead (season premiere on AMC October 13th)
Once Upon A Time (new season airs this week on ABC)

So that's everything. See anything you like?

22 comments:

  1. Glad to meet a fellow Sleepy Hollow fan. Watched it last night. Revolution and L&O:SVU are my Wednesday night line up and why would I be nuts tonight and miss Agents of Shield? Once Upon a Time, Arrow and Supernatural can't return fast enough. Cool line up and sadly I have to watch Dragons online because I have Cartoon Network:LA in Jamaica. *Sigh* But I watch Legend of Korra on Nick though it's not nearly as good as the original Avatar: The Last Airbender. Oh and I also saw the pilot for Blacklist last night. Some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on watching Agents of SHIELD. I have to start at the beginning of a series, or it drives me nuts. I've told you I watch very little television. I've given up True Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have time for all of those shows?
    There are a couple I'll watch real time and a few I catch the next day on the Internet. Looking forward to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of these actually sound interesting, like the one with the Apocalypse theme - headless horsemen and all. Don't you watch anything regular? I was about to say like crime and violence. See what television has given me a taste for? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to watch just about all the ones you listed. I'm especially excited about Sleep Hollow, Dracula, and of course my Winchester boys (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I don't know how you're going to get any writing done with all that TV watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really only going to be disappointed by not being able to watch SHIELD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of TV. I wonder how they'll explain Agent Coulson not being dead...

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thanks for listing these. Down here in Mexico, I don't get or can't read the TV listings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some difficult choices will have to be made in my TV watching. Thank goodness for the ability to tape programs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've been watching Sleepy Hollow and like it so far. It's like Elementary mixed with Buffy.

    A bunch of this other stuff i'll watch. Also, based on your preferences for the CW shows, i think you should give Teen Wolf a shot from MTV. The first two seasons are on netflix instant and the second half of season 3 starts in Jan. (also, a lot of attractive, nekkid mens)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's a lot of TV!

    Sleepy Hollow has a similar theme that I have in my latest MS. I'll have to watch it for sure.

    SHIELD and The Tomorrow People have potential to be really good and I'll be checking those out as well.

    Can't go wrong with Big Bang Theory. Hopefully the writers don't run out of original ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have listed so many of my favorite TV shows! Arrow, Revolution, The Tomorrow People, not to name a few others.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not had a chance to go through the Entertainment Weekly fall TV preview issue yet. That's usually where I make my decisions. (Work was crazy up until yesterday. Things will calm down now.) But I did catch a few trailers On Demand, so I got a glimpse of some shows.

    The Sleepy Hollow trailer was enough to make me tune in. Haven't seen ep 2 yet, but it's on the DVR. I have high hopes.

    Saw the trailer for Almost Human. Looks intriguing.

    Not missing SHIELD. No way. No how.

    Okay, I'm not going through all of them, but it looks like we'll be watching several of the same shows. I'll be interesting to see your takes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yep, DRACULA, ATLANTIS, SLEEPY HOLLOW, ALMOST HUMAN, WALKING DEAD are on my list too, along with REIGN at CW and THE CRAZY ONES and SEAN SAVES THE WORLD sitcoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't see Sons of Anarchy on Tuesdays. It could replace Breaking Bad in your viewing.

    I don't know how I'm to have time to watch all that TV and still write, blot, read books, write reviews, and WORK.

    I think I should quit the day job :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Lord! That's a whole lotta TV. I admire that, actually, because a) writers do need to keep abreast of what's successful on film & TV, and b) I am failing at doing that. Man, those all sound great. It also sounds like a job to watch them all!! Thanks for giving me a shortlist for the season, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where to begin...

    Dude, I can't get into Sleepy Hollow. First, they go beyond anachronisms to just being wrong about stuff set in a contemporary world, which annoys me (taxes being 10%, for instance, is BS - ain't nowhere in Westchester County that taxes go that high). I know, that's nit-picking, but when I hear these errors, I can't not hear them. I like the female lead, a lot, but the dude's voice irks me.

    Thanks for the tip on Karl Urban and Almost Human. I hope that overlaps with Sleepy Hollow and not Bones. :-) (Or does it start at 10pm?)

    I missed all of last season's Supernatural, and here's why: it was one of the few things my kid and I enjoyed together and with him going away to college, I couldn't bear to watch it alone. Lame, huh? Yeah, probably. I think I could bear to watch it now, though I suppose I've a lot of catching up to do.

    I am SOOO STOKED ABOUT COVEN, W0000000000T!!!!!!!!!! Walking Dead, check, Big Bang Theory, check. Not too stoked about Rhys as Dracula (I know, I'm probs the only chick in the world to say so), but I may give it a shot. It follows Grimm, does it? (I like Grimm; Giuntoli is beautiful, swoon!)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geez, you and I could own the same TV. Revolution hasn't caught my interest. I doubt I'll watch it this season. I'm looking forward to Mostly Human.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's too much good TV to watch!

    And just by chance I happened to catch Sleepy Hollow (I was too sick to go to fencing as usual), and I'm already hooked. Of course it helps that Ichabod is gorgeous and has that voice...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm already behind on Sleepy Hollow but need to catch up on that before Monday. I've heard lots of good things about it. Can't wait for Dracula, although I worry it may end up cheesy. Still, I'll give any vampire story a try.

    ReplyDelete