Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Secret Millionaires Club is something I wish I had access to when I was a teen

Did you know that super investor Warren Buffett is featured in an animated series as a mentor to a group of entrepreneurial kids? If you're shaking your head "no" then you (much like me) should go and check out the site for the Secret Millionaire's Club located HERE. I think that this is fantastic. Kids these days don't get enough financial education from school, and this program seeks to fill in the gaps. Good decision making, some of the basic lessons of starting a business, and understanding money are keys to master for any adult wanting to make it in the world today. And it's all free courtesy of these webisodes. I think it's safe to say (for me) that Secret Millionaires Club is something I wish I had access to when I was a teen. But let's face it, there are plenty of adults these days that could learn a thing or two from these webisodes on managing their own finances.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had some money to manage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you're selling tons of books! The money is gonna start rolling in like an avalanche!

      Delete
  2. For a long time I've thought schools should teach money management classes. What good is knowing Algebra or Trigonometry or Ancient History if you can't balance a checkbook and make solid financial decisions? People who can't manage their money are doomed to live frustrating lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they should run those in between Saturday morning cartoons.
    Wait... Are Saturday morning cartoons still a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to show that there's a bit of something out there for everyone if you just look hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schools these days are so stressed over all the testing that most of their focus is teaching what will be on those tests. There isn't much time for a subject where a student could actually make money someday.

    I'm sure I could benefit from these videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree--wish I'd had a good course on investing and money management when I was young. I've tried teaching myself some basics on investing, but following up consistently and spending enough time on it has always been tough for me. Maybe I should learn to block out what little free time I have: job (most of my life), writing, publishing, investing, and stick to that schedule.

    ReplyDelete