Friday, September 11, 2015

If the Shining and Zoolander were to have a baby it'd be American Horror Story: Hotel

In my mind, if the Shining and Zoolander were to have a baby, it'd be American Horror Story season 5 called Hotel. Basing my opinion exclusively from the embedded trailer below, we've got scary kids (Shining), what looks like a dapper Evan Peters playing some role in the hotel's past (Shining), and then the introduction of characters who are obviously male models with the "over-the-top" casting of Lady Gaga (featuring a mile of hair because...why not?) And yes, this is totally Zoolander, or if not Zoolander then it's the campy nightmare that the sequel to Zoolander should totally be. And ladies, the lesson to learn from this trailer is that a good trim keeps the horror in check.

11 comments:

  1. I've never seen Zoolander, but The Shining Influence is strong. From the trailer, it'll be one messed up, freaky show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to wait about 4 months to get season 5 of American Horror Story here in Mexico. I've not seen Zoolander either but the Shining is my all-time-favorite scary story. I actually had to read ahead to see if Danny survived. The movie didn't disappoint either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that the Stanley Hotel, the setting for The Shining, now has an annual horror film festival? Maybe they could show American Horror Story/Zoolander too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That part with the mattress reminded me of Han Solo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the setting for "The Shining" was Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, then how does this fit into the one universe theory for the show as a whole? Have you figured it out yet? (I'm not watching, so I'm honestly asking. I'd love to know.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen either show but that trailer definitely has influences of the Shining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm liking the vibe from the trailers. I feel like AHS has been getting better each year. I have high hopes for this season. Clever mashup.

    ReplyDelete